Latest News





Friends of St Peters update May 2021





Mask anxiety, face coverings and mental health
Asthma UK have also published some advice for asthma suffers
Latest government advice and guidance can be found at


From 30 November 2019 it is illegal to fly without registering and passing a theory test.

It is against the law to fly a drone or model aircraft without passing the theory test or registering. You can also be fined for breaking the law when flying. In the most serious cases, you could be sent to prison.

Aircraft covered by this Code:

  • Drones
  • Model aeroplanes
  • Model gliders
  • Model helicopters
  • The law groups these as small unmanned aircraft.

Keep the right distance from people, property, vehicles and busy areas.

Never fly your drone or model aircraft closer than the legal distances.

The distances in point 4 apply to drones and model aircraft fitted with cameras.


Never fly closer to people than 50m.

(Even when your drone is more than 50m away from people, it’s safer to avoid flying or hovering directly over them. You’re responsible for flying safely whenever you fly.)

Never fly closer to people than 50m

Buildings, structures, vehicles, trains, boats and other types of transport

Never fly closer to these than 50m.

Never fly closer to buildings, structures, vehicles, trains, boats and other types of transport than 50m

Does not apply to those you own or where the owner has given you permission to fly closer.

Built-up and busy areas

Never fly closer to built-up and busy areas than 150m.

Never fly above these areas at any height.

Examples of built-up and busy areas:

  • cities and towns
  • villages
  • beaches and recreational parks that are part of a city, town or village
  • housing estates
  • schools and offices
  • retail, warehouse, industrial and business parks
  • theme parks

Never fly closer to built-up and busy areas than 150m

For more informations and resources go to:




Current Guidelines:

Emergency Resource Infor Sheet

NSFT Helpline

Links for information and help for vulnerable people:


Click the link below for the latest communications from the rector, current guidance and local opening times for the churches.

Church information 3-2020


The purchase of litter picking equipment for the use of parishioners of Hockwold cum Wilton Parish to borrow for use in the Parish was approved in January 2020. A total of 12 litter pickers, thick black bin bags and disposable gloves were purchased. Any parishioner over the age of 18 can contact the parish clerk to sign these items out for a maximum of 48 hours.

Casual Vacancy

A casual vacancy occurs following the resignation or death of a serving member. Hockwold cum Wilton Parish Council will notify the Monitoring Office in KLWN Borough of the vacancy and the Electoral Services Department post a formal Notice of Vacancy. The notice will be displayed for fourteen days. During this time ten electors of each ward of the parish can demand an election takes place. The ten electors requesting a vote must be on the electoral roll in the ward .

If called the by-election is then organised by KLWN Borough Council. The cost of which is paid for by Hockwold cum Wilton Parish Council. If an election is not called then the Parish Council will fill the seat by co-option process.

The vacancy by co-option will be advertised on notice boards within the parish.


The Parish Council is able to consider any person to fill a vacancy provided that:

  • He/she is an elector for the parish; or
  • has resided in the parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the parish; or
  • had his/her principal place of work in the parish; or
  • has lived within three miles (straight line) of the parish.

There are certain disqualifications for election, of which the main are (see 5. 80 of the Local Government Act 1972):

  • holding a paid office of the Parish Council
  • bankruptcy;
  • having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the five years preceding the election; and
  • being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal practices.


Candidates will be requested to:

Submit information about themselves, by way of completing a short application letter

Applicants will also be asked to confirm the eligibility to serve, based on the above criteria.

Parish Council Meeting

If there are more applicants than vacancies the Council will employ a process for election. The Parish Council will consider the candidates for co-option to fill the vacancy in open session at a Parish Council meeting. The Clerk will report the names of the candidates to the Council and will circulate the application forms with the normal meeting papers. Prospective candidates will be invited to address the Parish Council for a maximum of three minutes. Candidates who cannot attend the meeting are asked to submit a statement to the Clerk which will be read on their behalf. The process will be carried out in the public session. The successful candidate must receive an absolute majority vote of those members present at the Parish Council meeting. If a member is not at the meeting the legislation does not provide for a proxy or postal vote.


2nd June 2019


Hockwold cum Wilton Parish Council is calling on residents, passionate about their community to stand for Parish Councillor in 2019.

What do councillors do?

Councillors are the champions of their community and give residents a voice on the decisions the council makes. Becoming a councillor will allow you to make a real difference in your community by engaging with residents, local groups and businesses to find out their needs; making decisions on which services and projects the council should take forward; and getting involved locally to ensure the services are meeting your community’s needs.

How long does it take?

The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) Local Councillor Census Survey found that councillors put aside, on average, three hours a week for council work. This often includes attending meetings, engaging with residents and speaking on behalf of the council to other bodies.

Can I stand?

There are only a few rules to stand for election. You must be:

  • A British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth, or the European Union
  • 18 years of age or older
  • Live in an area that is served by a local council

How can I get involved?

Contact Hockwold cum Wilton Parish Council at call 01842339264 or email [email protected] to find out more.






Volunteer Opportunity
Would you like to volunteer for the Hockwold Parish Council? We have places on our volunteer register. Volunteers would do many things.
Set up venues, mow grass, various landscaping tasks, litter pick up and many more things to benefit your community…
If you are interested please email the clerk at [email protected]
(There are a limited amount of spaces on the register, and all volunteers on the register need to be a minimum of 18 years old)

June 2018

The Hockwold Parish Council have created a LODE ADVISORY COMMITTEE to oversee the area knows as the LODE in Hockwold cum Wilton.  The LAC will be responsible to hold meetings, decide on maintenance plans for the Lode to bring to the Hockwold Parish Council to be approved, meet with environmental/conservation agencies, supervise approved works done as well as, many other tasks. LAC members will need to be available to attend meetings and attend site meetings on the LODE. This is an opportunity for non-council members to be involved in the decision making in their community. For more information please contact the clerk at [email protected]

Below is more information for interested persons:

Lode Advisory Committee

  1. Purpose of the Advisory Committee is to manage the maintenance of the Common Land known as the Lode in Hockwold cum Wilton.
  2. Committee can include non-council members. Any non-council members should have special incite into the tasks overseen and/or a connection to the Lode. (suggest possible land owner or neighbours) To be a non-council member or the committee you must: meet all criteria as Councillors.
  3. The committee is an advisory committee. Therefore, it will bring decisions to the full Council for vote on proposals from the Lode Advisory Committee.
  4. Non-council members and Council members can vote on proposals and management decisions during the advisory committees meetings. These proposals will then be brought to the full council for comment.
  5. All financial decisions and final decisions will be made by the full Council. Non-members will only vote on proposals to be brought before the full council.
  6. Non-council members must follow Hockwold cum Wiltons Code of Conduct and all meetings must adhere to Hockwold cum Wiltons Standing Orders.
  7. Committees must give notice by posting notice of the meeting 3 working days before the meeting, and must be minuted.

This is not meant to be a compete list of information.

Dog Fouling

Dog mess is an eyesore and a health hazard. If you are a dog owner, you have a legal duty to clean up every time your dog messes in a public place. Registered blind people are not required to clean up after their guide dogs. There is also exemption for dog owners on some kinds of public land in England and Wales, including:

  • Land used for agriculture or woodlands
  • Rural common land
  • Land that is predominantly marshland, moor or heath
  • Highways with a speed limit of 50mph or more

Most local councils require dog owners to carry a poop scoop and disposable bag whenever they take their dogs out to a public place. Some councils offer free scoops: ask your council’s animal warden unit.

Look out for bins marked as dog bins to dispose of your dog bag. If you cannot find a dog bin, then double wrap the dog bag and place it in a normal litter bin.

If your street is littered with dog mess, you can ask your local council to clean it.




Hockwold cum Wilton Parish have erected a SAM2 sign in the village. It is a mobile sign and will be moved every four weeks. In some cases it will be flipped to face the opposite direction. The sign will be sited on the verge near to the road.

SAM 2 signs are electronic, flashing sign that is activated by passing vehicles which are travelling over the speed limit. They are deployed when an area has a serious speeding problem, or when requested by a Highways Engineer at Norfolk County Council. These units are educational only, and are not at present used for data collection. SAM (Speed Awareness Message) is a mobile sign, activated by passing vehicles to remind drivers and riders in Norfolk about the dangers of excessive and inappropriate speed. The speed detection signs are set up to face a road and if the speed of the vehicle is below the speed limit the device shows the actual spped that the vehicle is travelling. If the vehicle is travelling above the speed limit, the speed will be displayed along with a “Slow Down” sign. If the speed limit is exceed by 10mph or more, the speed is not shown and the “Slow Down” message will appear. These signs are put in places approved by the Highways Department.

The Parish Council are aware that many residents are concerned about speeding within the village, and they hope that these signs will encourage drivers to be speed aware.


Hockwold Parish Council's photo.


Would you like to the Parish Council have the right to appeal planning decisions?

If you would then please go to to add your name to a petition to the government for this to happen.

Better Broadband For Norfolk

To find out how broadband access is being improved locally please read this:

Better Broadband for Norfolk info sheet



Comments are closed.